We all want to improve our self esteem every few hours. As it will help us to achieve success and happiness in life. But it is quite impossible. There is no magical ways to improve self esteem at every few hours.
Motivational videos, Inspiring articles, blogs, Ted talks videos, podcasts and self-help books will energize our mind for few moments. But it does not work for long run. Then, motivation has been vanished as usual. We are the same demotivated person as we were past.
From my experience, I believe that meditation and autosuggestion help us to improve our self esteem if we practice it regularly. These bringslong term effect in our subconscious mind because our self image is determined by our subconscious mind.
Meditation is very simple. Sit on floor, relax you mind and body, close eyes, disconnect your mind from outside world, take deep breathe, observe breathe and enjoy the calmness of your mind. Generally twice in a day such as morning and evening time is perfect for meditation.
Besides, autosuggestion or positive affirmations and giving positive self talks with our mind continuously. Suppose, I can’t handle stressful situation but I give auto suggestion that “ I can handle stress situation smoothly”. First, Our subconscious mind will not believe it. We have to chant it every moments at day and night, After few months, our subconscious mind will start to believe that, “I can handle stressful situation”.
Meditation and autosuggestion itself will not improve self esteem if we don’t follow some other actions. Usually, these things will give someone positive thinking but it does not work until we take some positive actions. Here is a list of these positive actions-
- Follow a fixed schedule : We are 24*7 days busy with our works. Unfortunately we work hard instead of work smart way. It happens because we don’t maintain schedule and forget to prioritize our work. So, follow a fixed schedule from waking up morning to going to bed. A well-balanced schedule will have intense effect to enhance self esteem because it will enhance our productivity.
- Set goals for life and trigger your actions to achieve these : Do you know the interesting fact of mind? It is our best friend and enemy also. Give it lots of work especially some goals. Then, it will start working automatically to achieve these goals. When you will achieve it, give your mind to another goal. Just make it busy. Otherwise, idle mind will destroy your peace in life and lead your life to wrong track. We are working for what? We must have a clear vision about our journey of life. You must be specific about our goal of life. If you don’t have goal, sooner or later You will be found yourself aimless, demotivated and fractured self esteem.
- Don’t underestimate the taking care of our mind and health : Just imagine, you have been handover 100 million dollar instead of losing your sound mind and health. What will happen? Simply terrible. Nobody wants that money. So, take care of your body and mind, they will take care of everything. So, proper disciplined life style, taking nutritious food, 8 hours sound sleep, praying and regular physical exercise make our body fit and strengthen our mind power.
- Accentuating human relationship rather than money and wealth : Money and wealth has importance to some extent for life. But don’t give more priority on money and wealth instead of human relationship. Remember, when you will feel alone and helpless, money and wealth will not give accompany you, your parents, life partner, friends, siblings will take care of you to get rid of the unexpected depressed situation.
- Growth mindset instead of average mindset of comparing attitude : We love to compare our life with the life of others and feel disappointed. That is average mindset. We must have a growth mindset where we have tendency to improve our work, learn from mistakes of ourselves and other people, learn something new at every day, deliberately get rid of our comfort zone and make a positive change not only in our mindset but also in the society.
- Learn to be master at time management and stress management : Time and stress are inter-related with our work. We must prioritize our work to manage time. We can eliminate distractions such as smartphone, social media during productive hours to exploit our time properly. If we finish our work on time, we can manage our stress also. Besides, Yoga, meditation, running, go for a trip with family and friends will improve our stress management. Another important mechanism is that, stop worrying about future and past, living in the present will eliminate your stress level.
- Life is not about chasing success, it’s about being a part of humanity and helping marginalized people : Success should not be final destination for our life. If it is your final destination, you will feel same lonely and demotivated person after achieving massive success. You will not feel challenge to do any work after getting desired result. We must work to achieve success. At the same time we should work to help poor children, do voluntary work, spend time for elder people, give physical and mental labor for reaching daily necessities to cyclone affected people. Trust me, it will fill up your heart with weird satisfaction.
Don’t overthink and focus too much on the improving self esteem at every few hours, emphasize on procedure of improving yourselves with positive actions. As a result, You will never feel to improve your self esteem at every few hours because your self esteem will be solid as steel and rejections, failures, sufferings, high expectations, frustration will never able to fluctuate your self esteem.
If you able to improve your self esteem anyhow and discover the real you, you can manage smoothly even the worst situations of your life.